Pran Mudra For Better Immunity
Prana Mudra – the ‘spirit of life’, is a way to channelize the Prana Vayu, which helps in recuperation from injury or illness, to increase energy reserves (by energizing the root chakra) and give efficacy to other mudras. It is one of the most vital and widely practiced Mudra for healing as it helps in activating the energy which gets dormant in the body.
There are 5 kinds of Vayu (airs) in our body out of which Prana Vayu (“Vital Wind”)—resides in the chest region (from the throat to the navel), governs the heart and lungs, and serves to “fill” all the other vayus with vigour. Amongst all the Vayu compulsory to maintain the balance of all the elements inside our body, Prana Vayu (vital life force) holds the top slot.
Step by Step Guide To Do Prana Mudra:
- Sit in a comfortable seated position, we may sit on a Yoga mat, a regular mat or we may even sit on a chair. We should not directly touch the ground while practicing the Mudra.
- Prana Mudra is a single-hand gesture (asamyukta hasta), so it is practiced with each hand.
- Cover the tips of the ring and little fingers with the pad of the thumb or in other words, join the tips of the ring and little finger with the tip of the thumb.
- Keep all other fingers (index and middle) extended and straight. Try resting hands against the side of the abdomen. Our palms should face upward as shown in the image and video.
- We can also rest our hands on our thighs to practice the Mudra for a longer duration (min 30-45 mins).
- Relax the chest and ribs, and adjust your breathing to be slow, smooth, and deep.
- Our inhale (breathe in) and exhale (breath out) timing/duration should be the same. Eg; if we take 3 seconds in breathing in, then we should exhale also in 3 seconds.
- We can recite the mantra sound ‘So-hum’ or ‘Shivo-Hum’ while practicing this Mudra. Chant ‘so’ or ‘Shivo’ on inhaling and ‘humm’ on exhale. Perform it 20-30 times.
- It will take little practice to sync your breath (inhale-exhale) with the chanting.
- Now take your focus inside (introvert) and feel the changes your body is experiencing by practicing ‘Prana Mudra’
- We may experience sudden vibration in our bodies and feel alleviated.
- Our center heart feels invigorated. Our body feels revitalized and the Chest area is replenished with strength.
Duration for Prana Mudra:
We practice a mudra and our body seems to enjoy or like it then we can practice it for the extended duration. Just remember, it takes about 30 seconds to just “trigger” the Mudra, to create the electromagnetic circuit.
Usually, our body enjoys the Mudra which fulfills some deficiency in the body that is caused by the imbalance of the elements inside our body.
When do we eat? When we feel hungry, and when do we take water? When we feel thirsty, this is known as body wisdom. If there is some imbalance in the elements inside our body, our body would like to continue the Mudra which treats that imbalance, for a longer duration.
Technically, we can practice any Hand Mudra for as less as 5 mins and as much as our body requires. However, a regular practice session of 30 to 45 minutes gives us amazing results.
If we can’t sit for 45 minutes at a stretch, then we can have 3 sessions of 15 mins each or 2 sessions of around 20 mins each to obtain the desired results.
How Does Prana Mudra Work?
Three fingers that are used in practicing Prana Mudra
Thumb : Fire – Mars
Ring Finger : Earth – Sun
Little Finger : Water – Mercury
Using Hand Mudras, we can enhance, suppress or balance any of the elements in our body. Whenever we touch the tip of the thumb to the tip of any finger, we balance that element.
When we practice Prana Mudra, we balance the Earth element (Ring Finger) and Water element (Little Finger) with the help of Fire element (Thumb). Human body is mainly made of the Earth element and 2/3 of our body constitutes water and balancing these two elements helps us in resolving the problems caused due to the disproportion of the two most vital element and improves body’s innate healing potential.
When To Practice Prana Mudra
We can practice this Mudra in yoga poses Vajrasana, Padmasana and Siddhasana. Or, we can even practice it while lying in bed, going for a walk, in cinemas, at the office seat, travelling by bus, metro, airplane etc.
You must have heard that we should not practice Mudra in public places; however, my personal experience is that everyone is so busy that no one pays attention to what you are doing, still, if someone catches it, they may feel inspired to explore this ancient healing tool for themselves.
Prana Mudra should be practiced whenever we feel fatigued or exhausted. There are a lot of standing yoga postures, where the arms remain extended, if we apply Prana Mudra during those postures, the Mudra increases the energetic effects of the pose or exercise.
We can heal any affected part of our body by holding this Mudra about 6 inches away from the body with the “Middle and Index fingers” pointing toward the affected area. We need to breathe naturally and let go; it will aid the healing process. Do not try to force Mudra to create a specific experience. Just follow the principle of non-action while using Prana Mudra for self-healing or helping others to heal.
Prana Mudra Precaution:
It’s advised to skip practicing Prana Mudra if you are suffering from cold or cough. But to dilute this, you can start with the ‘Ling Mudra’ and ‘Agni Mudra’ to raise your body temperature and follow Prana Mudra post these mudras. Prana Mudra can bolster the effect of all other Mudras.
We can Practice Agni Mudra once again for 5 mins after the Prana Mudra if our body temperature falls. Agni Mudra activates our ‘Manipur Chakra, ‘ which provides energy to all other chakras.
Benefits of Prana Mudra:
- Pran Mudra helps in increasing overall vitality and immunity by activating the body’s innate self-healing potential.
- This Mudra can help in removing any kind deficiency of Vitamin A, B, C, D, E and K.
- Practicing this Mudra, we can keep a tab on our hunger and thirst while fasting.
- Prana mudra also helps in taking care of our irregular habits like eating and sleeping disorders by regulating our minds.
- A little practise of this Mudra can achieve better concentration and presence of mind.
- Pran Mudra improves the blood circulation by eliminating blockages in the veins, resulting in improved oxygen supply to various body parts.
- Improved circulation of oxygen helps in reducing nervousness, strengthening willpower and boosting self-confidence.
- Prana Mudra stimulates three crucial elements of our body earth, water and fire, so this helps in purifying the blood and ensures improved blood movement.
- Prana mudra decreases the body’s susceptibility to injury, chronic fatigue, general weakness and low patience level.
- It also helps in keeping a check on our like anger, mental tension, envy, tetchiness, pride, restlessness plus revive happiness, delight, enjoyment, wish, energy & enthusiasm.
- It helps in curing the cramps in muscles and pain in the legs.
Prana Mudra for Eyes
Prana mudra is extremely helpful in eye-related issues. If you are suffering from low vision, then 15-30 mins practice of Prana Mudra can help you in recovering your vision.
It is beneficial in curing dryness of the eye, watering of eyes, burning sensation in eyes, redness of eyes, and it has proved immensely useful in some cases of cataract.
Prana Mudra for Healing:
Prana Mudra is one of the essential healing methods that boosts our Prana Shakti (life force) level by energizing the root chakra. Practice this mudra whenever you feel enervated.
Regular practice of the mudras will bring about sublte changes in your body by stimulating the pulse centers of our hands, which activates the healing process in the corresponding body part.
- General debility, Hyperthyroidism, Jealousness
- Chronic fatigue, Pride, Impatience
- Intolerance of heat, Usual sense of time urgency
- Irritability, Mental tension, Acidity
- Jaundice, Leprosy, Dry, red, hot, ageing, skin; skin-rashes
- High blood pressure, Burning in the mouth, throat, stomach
- Aphthous ulcers, Bloody stools, Instability of joints
About The Consultant
Trains Stock Market Traders on Financial Astrology & Technical Analysis.
Call us at +91 7042523259 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vastu & Feng shui Tips
What is Business Name Numerology? Business Name Numerology is based on the value of the name numbers arrived at using Numerology. Numerology comes from the Latin prefix “Numerus” which means number + suffix “logy” which means study, so it means the study of Numbers....
How to find a Lucky Car Number using Numerology? The Lucky Car Number Numerology calculation allows us to evaluate the car numbers we have or are planning to get and ensure that number proves beneficial to us. Based on the two most popular systems Chaldean Numerology...
What is so special about Business Name Numerology 1? A lot of people ask this question if they can keep their Business Name Numerology 1 or not. Let us understand what is so special about number 1 first; then, we will discuss who can keep their business name with a...
Earn More Money with Stock Market Numerology We all want to be financially independent, and for that matter, we try to create multiple sources of income. However, sometimes our wrong choices or wrong decisions make us suffer unwanted losses. And, sometimes, we miss...
Baby Name Numerology Calculator Baby Name Numerology Calculator is an attempt to provide a systematic tool that can help parents to find a suitable name for their kids. We all want our babies to be lucky since their birth. However, luck depends on multiple things...
How to Place Your Bed for Sound Sleep. If we all could know 'How to place your bed for sound sleep?' then we might overcome a lot of issues that crop up due to lack of proper sleep. Life has become hectic for everyone, even the school-going kids are not able to...